May

titles i have read

RATING CRITERIA 

♥♥♥♥♥ // life changing

♥♥♥♥ //  good read

♥♥♥ // okay

♥♥ //  wanted to put it away

♥ // wanted to burn it

♥♥♥♥ //  good read

313 pages

John Green’s, The Fault in Our Stars, was definitely one that I could not put down. Each chapter had a twist that would make the reader want to continue reading on and on just to see what would happen next. There was not one moment in the book where my attention may have diverted away from it. The author did a great job of keeping the audience hooked. This book was a typical romance but faced by challenges. It is about two cancer patients that are looking to live life but their life has limits and boundaries that can not be crossed for it can become harder for them to survive due to their physical conditions. The journey taken in this book can be described as thrilling yet heartbreaking. It had humor filled moments and and spikes of intense romance. It is an easy read and worth checking out.

♥♥♥ // okay

303 pages

Again, this is another quick and easy read by John Green. I did not find this one as amazing as The Fault in Our Stars. It had a more adventurous-mysterious plot rather than emotional making it a bit “boring” for me to read. Nonetheless, this book was interesting in its own way as it was about two individuals who set out to solve a mystery and end up discovering hidden secrets. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the “Sherlock Holmes” type of stories.

Reflection:

Overall, this month was a John Green month. I kept the readings easy this month as there was a lot going on such as fasting and immense amounts of homework. I do wish to fit in more harder titles this summer just to improve my level of reading.

Page calculations:

Total Pages Read– 616 pages

Pages read per week– 154 pages

Pages read per day– 20.5 pages